Secretary to Director
To manage the Human resources division and to provide Human Resource advice and support to the Municipality and Council.
Broad functions of the Department:
- Plans, coordinates and manages activities of the Human Resources department to ensure the delivery of HR services such as HR Planning, Personnel Provisioning, Administration of conditions of service, Personnel utilisation, Industrial relations and skills development.
- To develop a departmental vision and strategy and ensure implementation to provide effective service delivery.
- Manages performance of employees in the Department to ensure optimal work performance. Plans and manages utilisation of resources in order to perform activities. Develops and monitor systems, policies, procedures and processes to ensure correct working operations and practices.
- Manage the Human Resources department of the Amahlathi Council to ensure compliance with the corporate services directorate strategic plan.
- Develop, Manage and administer the recruitment and selection policy to ensure compliance with Recruitment and selection policy of the Municipality.
- Promote good and sound industrial relations environment to ensure labour stability in the municipality.
- Administer the implementation of the Employment Equity to ensure compliance with the Employment Equity Plan.
- Manage the Training and Development Function to ensure effective training system in the Municipality.
- Overall management of the Occupational Health and safety to ensure compliance with the OHS Act.