Dr Zamuxolo Shasha
Secretary to Municipal Manager
As Head of the Administration, the following statutory powers and duties are assigned and delegated to the Municipal Manager in accordance with the provisions of the Structures Act and the Systems Act:
- To form and develop an economical, effective, efficient, accountable and performance driven administration for the municipality in accordance with the provisions of Section 51 of the Systems Act.
- To manage the municipality’s administration in accordance with the provisions of the Systems Act and other legislation applicable to the municipality.
- To implement the municipality’s IDP, and to monitor the progress with the implementation of the plan.
- To manage the provisions of services to communities, residents and ratepayers in a sustainable manner.
- To control and manage the effective utilisation and training of staff.
- To maintain discipline of staff.
- To promote sound labour relations and compliance by the municipality of applicable labour legislation, conditions of service and collective agreements.
- To advise the structures and functionaries of the municipality.
- To manage the communication between the municipality’s administration and its structures and functionaries.
- To carry out the decisions of the structures and functionaries of the municipality.
- To administer and implement the municipality’s By-laws and other legislation.
- To implement national and provincial legislation applicable to the municipality.
- To facilitate participation by communities, residents, ratepayers and other stakeholders in the affairs of the municipality.