Chief Financial Officer
Secretary to the CFO
Budget and Treasury Department Functions
- To continuously ensure an equitable, economical, transparent, fair and value – add supply chain management system/function.
- To maintain an accurate and complete fixed asset register that is compliant with GRAP.
- To ensure spending of capital and operating budget by the end of the financial year.
- To ensure collection of all revenue due to the Municipality.
- To ensure unqualified audit opinion and credible financial reporting.
- To prepare a realistic budget in line with the objectives and strategies enshrined in the IDP based on a three-year Medium Term Revenue and Expenditure Framework (MTREF).
- To ensure effective implementation of the Finance internship programme in line with government job creation initiatives and career development.
- To continuously ensure accurate and complete recording and banking of cash received and investments made.
- To ensure that Amahlathi Municipality has and maintains an adequate and effective process of risk management.